The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think.
Written by Kristian Kongstad Holm
In the ever changing landscape of social networking, you might be wondering if you are getting the most out of your business’s social engagement design? Here we define social engagement design as the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites.
Social engagement design usually center on efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it with their social networks. Company messages, stories, and helpful information spreads from user to user and presumably resonates because it provides relevant, interesting and/or useful information. Hence, this form of marketing is driven by word-of-mouth, meaning it results in earned media rather than paid media.
We think of social media as just another marketing channel when we need to instead think of it as the influencer of all channels.
To improve your social media design, you must improve social networking and customer engagement. We have found 9 ways to accomplish these improvements that we use with our clients:
Know as much or more than your audience … valuable content is essential
– It is all about quality … quality is much more valuable than quantity
– It is about building relationships … meaning conversation is required. Don’t add to the noise
– A picture, video or image … is worth 1000 words. Visual marketing is growing rapidly
– Keep you messages … short, simple, and relevant
– Define … specific objectives for your campaigns
– Measure your accomplishments … against your objectives. Learn and apply learning
– There are NO shortcuts … it requires time and energy
– It requires persistence and patience … don’t give up
We are finding more and more businesses are defining meaningful ways to use social media, even if it isn’t always to sell directly.
Web merchants view social media more as a medium to build up brand awareness and customer loyalty than as a way to drive immediate sales, says Internet Retailer reporting on its latest survey of 175 companies that sell online.
Survey participants included 85 web-only merchants, 40 consumer brand manufacturers, 34 retail chains and 16 catalog companies.
Here’s a rundown of the findings by the numbers:
- 96 percent say social media campaigns are important to the future of their Internet business; 53 percent label it very important.
- 90 percent have a Facebook page, 75 percent are active on Twitter and 54 percent use Pinterest
- 51 percent post videos on YouTube, 9 percent use Google+ and 15 percent leverage Instagram.
The more success you have with customer engagement via your social media design, either on-line or off, the better your understanding of their needs and priorities. Having the best customer insights makes it much easier for you to define your next moves and improve your odds of success.
Please share a social engagement design experience with this community. Any questions or comments to add below?
So what’s the conclusion? The conclusion is there is no conclusion. There is only the next step. And that next step is completely up to you. But believe in the effectiveness of social media and word of mouth marketing. And put it to good use.
– It’s up to you to keep improving your social media marketing efforts.
– All you get is what you bring to the fight. And that fight gets better every day you learn and apply new lessons.
– When things go wrong, what’s most important is your next step.
– Try. Learn. Improve. Repeat.
Are you devoting enough energy improving your advertising?
Do you have a lesson about making your advertising better you can share with this community? Have any questions or comments to add in the section below?
Cloud servants is a new media company with a digital marketing and customer service agency. We partners have more than 44 years of business experience, we blogs on topics that relate to improving the performance of your business. Please also feel free to contact us at www.cloudservants.com
New media will stretch your thinking and your ability to adapt to change. We also provide some fun and inspiration along the way. Call us for a free quote today. You will be amazed how reasonable we will be.
#socialmedie #newmedia #cloudservants #kristiankongstadholm
Skriv et svar