What is your Online Reputation by Kristian Kongstad Holm
- It´s NOT just your business website!
- Google says : “ your online identity/reputation is determined not only by what you post, but also by what others post about you, reply to a blog or social website, a status update, or just a tag on a photo”
How your online Reputation is formed?
- Comments made about your business or you name on social media such as Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, Google+, a Blog like Blogger or WordPress, a post on a newspapers website, Tumblr etc.
- Images about your business or you name online like Pinterest etc.
- Videos about your business or name on Vimeo, Youtube, Facebook, Flickr, metacalfe etc.
- Articles and posts published online about you or your business.
Comments that others make about you online positive or negative are there to stay, and if you don´t control over your online Reputation it may show up on one of the 3 first pages on Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
Please remember that about 80% ( www.pwc.com ) of all people or companies research online about you or you business before doing business with you or your business.
72% of those that research will not do business with you if there´s is a negative comment.
90% of internet users only look at the first page on Google (search engine results) when doing online research.
So this is a little like first impressions when you meet new people or business, within 60 sec. you will make a evaluation of the person or business you meet, 80% of this 60 sec. will stay forever in your mind only 20% can be change.
So get it right the first time when you meet people, Online or face to face!
This is why Google+ and Facebook are so importen to you online Reputation.
70 % trust Businesses or you if you have minimum 6-10 reviews /articles there are positive.
Uncovering the state of your online Reputation
- The first steps is to find out what people are saying about you or your business online ( try to google it )
- Do you have positive content and reviews past the first page?
- If so, moving these items to the first page of Google would help your online Reputation.
- Since more than 95% of searches online don´t go past the forst page, YOU NEED TO OWN THE FIRST PAGE, with positive reviews or quality content as your personal website, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn, 1-2 Blogs that links to positive articles or story´s about you or your business.
Finding directories in your niche
- Do a Google search for your Key Word ( business or you name ) + you local city, business type etc. example Audi + 4×4.
- Check search results and record any directories that come up in the first 3-5 pages.
- Claim your business or name on these directories using the same info as your Google+ and Facebook page, and optimize your profile with pics, Key Words, address, description, specials etc…. but only good content!
Why claim your listings?
- Gives you more citation authority. The more times your name or business, address and phone number appears on the web, the higher your listing will rank.
- Access to new markets, Many people visit these directories who otherwise wouldn´t have been able to connect with you or your business.
- Company contact info is accurate, ensure all the info about the company or your name is true, accurate and up to date.
- Ability to respond to bad reviews, by claming your listing, you´ll beable to respond to people´s reviews. And by responding to these reviews, it shows that your care, and that people that write a comment can expect to get a reply, that will make them think twice about making a bad comment.
- More opportunities to get & post reviews, the more reviews/post you have, the more content is created and SEO loves new content.
- More content = more authority. Many others sites aggregate review/post/comments so they will appear in many others places on the internet.
Always make sure your Google+ and Facebook listing is updated first, then make sure that all the other directories have the exact same company name ( persons name ) address and phone etc.
Advertising and Spam, Don´t use reviews/post for advertising or post the same or similar reviews across multiple places, don´t post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings, it needs to look natural in Google eyes.
If you need a good review/post, ask someone you can trust as on LinkedIn when you Endorse people, ask family and close friends to write good and honest reviews / post about you or your business.
Responding to negative reviews
- Your goal in handling an upset customers or person should be threefold.
- They turn from upset to satisfied!
- They post positive things about you and rebut or remove their negative remarks/post
- You learn something about your business that will improve it and help to avoid future negative reviews/post.
If the negative comments/post is true…..
- Don´t ignore or hide
- Participate in the discussion and be honest.
- Add response to website and social media sites if necessary.
- Issue statement addressing the problem, addressing what has neen done.
If the negative comment is false….
- Post a professional response.
- Politely ask for the comment or review to be removed
- Post a response on your website, social media sites.
- Find or create positive contant about your business and use search engine optimization to get it of the first page on Google.
- Consult a lawyer and a Newmedia company like Cloudservants that can help you remove it faster from the first page on Google and for a small fee we will take care of you online Reputation for you. Please contact us for more information on www.cloudservants.com
Written by Kristian Kongstad Holm